POST #22 - FORMS AND CONVENTIONS
HOW ARE YOU PLANNING TO CONFORM TO FORMS AND CONVENTIONS? - I want to use a few conventions of other music videos, but my main goal is to break as many of them as possible. So this means not taking the music video too seriously, and having fun with it. Most of the music videos seen nowadays don't have much fun (see Taylor Swift's "Bad Blood" or Panic! at the Disco's "Death of a Bachelor"). I want to harken back to the late 90s / early 00s, when music videos knew to have a sense of humour and didn't try and be edgy. There are a couple of music videos nowadays that have fun, such as Panic! at the Disco's "Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time", and OK Go's "Here It Goes Again". WHERE ARE YOU PLANNING ON DEVELOPING EXISTING FORMS AND CONVENTIONS? - I want to develop the convention of a typical breakup song music video... by challenging it head on. Most breakup music videos show the singer walking around, singing about the...
Comments
Post a Comment